A resilient journalist who is adaptive, creative and just as comfortable in a boardroom as she is at a trade show. Track record of developing solid business relationships and partnerships, building new revenue-generating programs, creating growth strategies and serving as a liaison between multiple business units.
Healthcare Packaging (PMMI Media Group) Chicago, Ill. 2014-2016
B2B magazine and website covering the healthcare packaging industry
- Worked with sales, editorial and production departments to meet client needs, as well as oversees magazine production.
- Wrote a weekly newsletter that featured the best of my daily curated stories across the healthcare industry.
- Traveled both domestically and internationally to represent the company at events and cover conferences.
- Performed market research for new areas of coverage, that would in return, expand the magazine’s reach, as well as bring in new business.
- Hosted Pharma EXPO LIVE videos, and interviewed top CEOS, as well as other industry experts.
- Moderated panels and other discussions at industry events as needed.
- Edited all magazine and website copy.
- Worked remotely from home office, and traveled about 70 percent of the time.
Pet Age Magazine (Journal Multimedia) Somerset, N.J. 2012-2014
B2B magazine covering the pet industry
- As the second employee hired after a change in ownership, rebuilt the magazine from the ground up, including hiring staff, redesign, editorial direction, website, social media channels, sales and marketing material and organizational practices.
- Responsible for all editorial content, both in print and on the web, including writing, editing and proofing.
- Managed a staff of up to 15 writers, mostly freelance.
- Excelled at developing, maintaining and building relationships with sources, advertisers, industry leaders and influencers.
- Accompanied the publisher and sales account executives on client calls.
- Traveled domestically to represent the magazine at various trade shows, industry events and conferences.
- Identified additional sources of revenue, and help execute the plans, such as events and additional publications.
- Prospected new clients and worked with the sales team to create multimedia sales/editorial packages.
- Secured partnership opportunities with industry events and expert media placements for key staff members.
- Directed social media, trade show and event coverage.
Bloomberg LP (Bloomberg) New York, N.Y. 2011-2012
Financial services company
- Managed corporate blog and social accounts.
- Helped manage, develop and test confidential projects.
- Served as the brand voice for the company’s main social media handles.
Bloomberg Television (Bloomberg) New York, N.Y. 2011-2012
A financial news network
Social Media Marketing Program Manager
- Created and implemented social strategies for the network to increase viewership on the web, as well as on the network; developed relationships with the viewer and built awareness.
- Increased engagement and followers by 50 percent on social networks.
- Worked with producers, marketers, talent and partners to integrate social across a variety of platforms.
- Develop and put into effect social marketing plans for high-profile projects, including the launch of TechStars, a reality show about a start-up incubator.
TAILS PET MAGAZINE (Privately held) Chicago, Ill. 2011
A well-respected national magazine with over 10 years experience in reporting pet related news
- Responsible for writing and curating news on the magazine’s website,
- Built and grew the social audience by creating social media contests.
- Produced and wrote bi-weekly newsletter.
- Developed relationships with brands, public relations professionals, bloggers, writers, trade organizations.
BECKERMAN (Privately held public relations firm) Hackensack, N.J. 2010-2011
One of the largest independently owned clean-tech firms in the U.S. & ranked in the top 50 independent firms on O’Dwyer’s
Social Media Coordinator
- Trained employees on social media tools and worked on agency branding.
- Engaged with current clients and prospected new business.
- Maintained Beckerman social media outlets, represented the company at conferences and networking events, worked to increase agency blogging efforts.
FOX NEWS CHANNEL (NEWS CORPORATION) New York, N.Y 2007-2010
Cable/satellite news channel available to over 102 million U.S. households, broadcasting primarily from New York City.
News Editor, FOXNews.com
- Wrote, reported and produced breaking news.
- Edited and managed home page writing, editing and captioning.
- Enhanced news stories with photographs and interactive slide shows.
- Created enticing headlines, stimulating copy and manage web to provide up-to-date information for FOX News website, using FOXNews.com’s customized content management system.
STATEN ISLAND ADVANCE (Advance Publications), Staten Island, N.Y. 2005-2007
Newspaper with daily circulation of 70,000, 90,000 on Sundays.
- Wrote/edited newspaper’s breaking news blog.
- Facilitated newsroom conversion from traditional print to digital technology
- Covered and coordinated breaking news accentuated by shooting and editing video
- Created and launched web features for various departments
HOME NEWS TRIBUNE (Gannett Company), East Brunswick, N.J. 2003-2005
Serving Central New Jersey, the 6th largest newspaper in the state with circulation of 60,000 daily and 75,000 Sunday.
Metro Reporter/ Municipal Beat
Reported government, education, politics and general features for two municipalities in Middlesex County, and police news for entire Middlesex County.
- Covered breaking news stories
- Created interest articles which were published in the newspaper’s special sections
- Contributed articles to Features Department.
OCEAN COUNTY OBSERVER (Gannett) Toms River, N.J. 2003
Daily publication covering local news, sports, business, jobs, and community events.
Staff Writer/Municipal Beat
Reported breaking news and government, police, political and school news for three Ocean County municipalities.
- Broke stories on corruption in local government, which open investigation into governmental wrongdoing
THE STAR-LEDGER (Advanced Publications), Newark,, N.J. 2001
Largest newspaper in the state of New Jersey, with circulation of 400,000 daily and 600,000 on Sundays.
Wrote daily news, features and business stories for daily publication.
- Broke story on Avaya Communications’ plan to close New Jersey facility.
DEVINE MEDIA ENTERPRISES, Rahway, N.J. 1999
Publisher of five community newspapers in Union and Middlesex counties.
Managed production and editorial content of five weekly newspapers; managed staff of 10.
BACHELOR OF ARTS, Communications, Political Science (dual degrees); Concentration: Journalism
Ramapo College of New Jersey, Mahwah, New Jersey
Lake George Rotary: Member since 2016
Glens Falls Kennel Club: Member since 2015
Sigma Sigma Sigma International Sorority:
Alumnae Editor, The Triangle Magazine (National Officer) 2014-Present
Vice President, North Jersey Alumnae Chapter
Former Chapter Advisor, Seton Hall University
Former Membership Coordinator, North Jersey Alumnae Chapter
Society of Professional Journalists: Generation J Chairperson (2007-2008)
New Jersey Society of Professional Journalists: President (2007-2009); Former Board of Directors